Monday 7 December 2015

What's In a Thigh Gap?


It's been one of those weeksclass seems pointless, you fret about being unproductive, people are uninspiring, and a deep sense of discontent sets in. Exhausting as they may be, the great thing about these slumps is that they make one think. Think and think and think. One thing that I have been pondering over a lot is body image. Most of us tend to turn inwards, and then outwards and pick our bodies apart. Is it really worth it?

These peach skinnies that I'm wearing here are one of my favourite pants. Despite being unhealthily attached to them, I don't wear these jeans very often because I'm of the firm belief that they make my thighs look fat. I've always had thick thighs, and I'm not ashamed of them. I don't see any reason to be. That said, I involuntarily pick darker colours and taller silhouettes while dressing.

So I decided to dedicate an outfit to these lovely jeans, no matter how they make me look. What prompted me to do this was a random little thought I had one morning, sprinting up six flights of stairs while trying to get to class (I am late very often). If I didn't have my thick thighs, I wouldn't be able to do that. I won't have the strength to squat down for long periods of time to pet dogs in the street. These thick thighs and skinny ankles carry this girl around the world, and damn right I'm going to show them off.

Love your body, you've only got one for this lifetime.

Side note: This military jacket was found and bought within a span of ten seconds. Best decision ever, because it's probably the only outerwear one can afford to wear in the inexorably muggy city that is Bombay.








Jacket from Promod [here]
T-shirt from Zara [here]
Ripped jeans from Stradivarius [similar from J Brand]
Shoes from New Look (via koovs.com) [here]
Vintage aviators from Ray Ban


Photographs by Vaishnavi Kukillaya

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14578657/?claim=mzvjkt6w3h9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment: