Friday 25 December 2015

Skinny Scarves, Momos, and Sangria


This outfit is my monochrome dream 'fit. I have a weakness for stripes, and I love combining different types together. Horizontal, vertical, thick, thin It's easy to pair them when they follow a similar colour scheme. Not wanting to take away from the b&w magnificence, I kept accessories small (scroll down for accessory details), and my shoes grey. Skinny scarves are my new obsession! This black one was actually a light trench coat belt that turned out to be the right width and length. I'll probably buy one of every colour when I go to the shops, next.

--x-x-x-x--

I've thought long and hard about what to write today, but most of what came to mind was meretricious and kind of pretentious. I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about the garden in my soul.

So I'm just going to tell you how I spent my day.

I woke this morning (after having slept for only a few hours) with a mission I wanted to cook momos. So at 7 am I lay under my covers, eyes aching with lack of sleep, and googled recipes for the dish. It looked deceptively easy. Twelve hours later, I was in the kitchen covered in flour and chicken mince. My sister had made sangria at home, so I sipped on it while rolling and filling, rolling and filling, rolling and filling. 

At that precise point I realised that I couldn't have spent my day any better. With the smell of food wafting in the air, and the warm chatter of loved ones, I was content.

 Merry Christmas!

Scroll down for outfit + accessory details.





Details: Gold watch (Tommy Hilfiger) , black and gold bow bracelet (20dresses.com), gold rings (H&M), nude manicure.


What I'm wearing:

Shirt from Zara
Skirt from Forever New [similar here]
Skinny Scarf (makeshift) [similar here from Zara]
Snakeskin printed pumps from Charles & Keith
Vintage shades from Ray Ban

Photographs by Vaishnavi Kukillaya




2 comments:

  1. Momos have got to be SO hard to make - that, or you're a lot better at it than I am! Love the monochrome look, that shirt is perfect x Rebecca - www.itscohen.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God, Rebecca, momos are such hard work, and this was my first time! Thank you so much, I'm so happy you like it. Love :)

      Delete